It is only April and already it is starting to heat up in the Phoenix Metro area. In fact, we hit 100 degrees for the first time in 2018 on April 10th! Yikes, what happened to Spring? If it is heating up on the outside, then it will very likely heat up on the inside as well. And if you do not have window sunscreens installed on your windows, your air conditioner is going to have to work that much harder to keep the inside of your home cool.
According to Salt River Project, nearly 50% of the heat that enters your home does so through your windows. They also point out that by adding sunscreens to your windows, your utilities bill can be lowered by up to 25%. Knowing how high our electricity bills run in the hot Phoenix summers, that is a huge savings.
Just what are some of the benefits of sunscreens?
- Window sunscreens can reduce indoor temperature due to the sun’s heat
- Window sunscreens can protect against fading on carpet, furniture and window coverings
- Window sunscreens provide daytime privacy
- They allow in soft light and breezes
- Window sunscreens can reduces glare
- Sunscreens provide excellent outward visibility
So, if you have yet to have window sunscreens installed on your home or possibly you need a new set of sunscreens, contact AAA Sun Control for a free, no obligation quote and begin the process of enjoying a cooler home and saving on your energy bills.
2 3 1 1