When entertaining outdoors, it’s important to spruce up your patio area, including being able to serve food in an efficient manner, and overall, making sure your guests comfortable. When designing and setting up your patio space, include shading options like retractable awnings or sun shade sail awnings.
The following infographic serves as a guide to outdoor entertaining and includes tips on how to spruce up your patio area, how to serve food outdoors, food options for outdoors, and additional tips to help make your guests feel comfortable.
[Click image for full size version]
A Guide For Outdoor Entertaining
How To Spruce Up Your Patio Area
- Have plenty of lighting options through candles, strings of lights, and lamps.
- Add a covering so the area will have plenty of shading and protection.
– Fabric Cover
– Retractable Awning
- Create privacy by adding curtains, fencing, or trees and plants.
- Have the furniture be neutral colors so you can easily switch out decorations and accents based on seasons or personal; preference.
- Diversify your seating options.
– Traditional Tables and Chairs
– Ottomans or Cubes
– Benches that also serve as Storage
- Purchase or make new pillows for the seating area.
- Bring your personal style to the area by adding decorations.
– Wooden Letters on Wall
– Natural Items to Display on Tables
– Wind Chimes
How To Have Outside Dining
Tips For Serving Food
- Plan the menu around your guests and make accommodations if your guests request.
- Keep the menu simple and allow guests to bring items to ease the stress level.
- Have the food covered so flies and animals aren’t eating it too.
- Use disposable products so guests won’t have to worry about breaking anything.
- Bring a trash can outside to make cleanup quick.
Food Options for Outdoor Meals
- Corn on the Cob
- Fried Chicken
- Fruit Salad
- Hamburgers & Hotdogs
- Ice Cream
- Pizza Cooked on Grill or Oven
- Potato Salad
How To Make Your Guests Comfortable
- Make it seasonably appropriate.
– Blankets, Fireplaces/Firepits, and Heaters in Winter
– Fans in Summer
- Have festive music playing that will have people in the mood.
- Keep bugs away by lighting Citronella candles, spraying the area beforehand, and offering guests bug repellant.
- Have entertainment and activities to keep the party going.
– Board & Card Games
– Craft Station
– Lawn Games