Lifestyle Garage Screen FAQs
1. What is the warranty on the Lifestyle garage screen system?
There is a Limited Lifetime warranty covering the frame against rusting. All remaining parts include a five-year warranty. Screen mesh on the Lifestyle garage screen system & Mirage retractable screen door is not warranted. One-year labor warranty. Mirage retractable screen track must be kept clear of bugs/dirt/debris and is part of regular homeowner maintenance.
2. Does the Lifestyle screen replace my existing garage door?
No. You will still use your garage door as you normally would. The Lifestyle garage screen system works in conjunction with your existing garage door allowing you to quickly switch between your garage door and your Lifestyle garage screen system. When in use, the Lifestyle garage screen exchanges positions with your garage door.
3. Can you add a locking mechanism to the optional retractable door and the Lifestyle garage screen system itself?
Yes. Both can be fitted with a locking mechanism at an additional cost. Locking mechanisms are optional.
4. What sizes and colors are available?
Available sizes include 6’ wide to 18’ wide and 7’, 8’, 9’ and 10’ tall*. The frame is available in White, Brown, and Sandstone.
* 9’ and 10’ models available up to 16’ width only.
5. Is there a showroom where I can see the Lifestyle garage screen system in person?
Yes. Our showroom is located at 9802 N. 91st Ave. #112, Peoria AZ 85345 between Olive and Peoria off 91st Ave (just off the Loop 101). We are open Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm (excluding holidays).
6. I have storage over my garage doors now. Can the Lifestyle garage screen and my garage door to down so I can access it?
Yes. You will want to open your garage door, roll your Lifestyle garage screen down until it touches the floor, leaving it “kicked back” from the jamb. Then, simply disconnect your garage door from the opener with the safety disconnect cord and gently roll the garage door down until it rests on the Lifestyle frame.
7. How much clearance will I love from my existing garage door opening when the Lifestyle is installed?
Typically, you will not lose more than 1.75” of clearance.
8. How much does the Lifestyle garage screen system cost?
Please call our office at 602-795-3809 for installed pricing.
9. What is the difference in airflow between the standard 18×14 fiberglass screen and the optional super screen material?
You will get approximately 10% more airflow with the standard screen (58%) above the optional super screen materials (48% airflow).
10. What is the upgraded super screen mesh made of?
The upgraded Lifestyle super screen uses a mesh made of PVC-coated polyester. The weave pattern is 17×20 and both the black and white colors are good for customers looking for a stronger mesh. The white mesh is best for daytime privacy. FYI…the standard mesh is made of fiberglass in an 18×14 weave pattern similar to that used in window screens.
11. Will the Lifestyle screen work on a low headroom garage door? (double horizontal track system)
No. The Lifestyle screen will not work on low headroom applications. Low headroom garage doors are typically found in basement garages. They are usually identified by two tracks on the horizontal.
12. Can I install my Lifestyle garage screen system myself?
Yes. Please call our office at 602-795-3809 for a self-installed kit. We recommend watching the installation videos first by visiting the Installation Video Page.